Welcome to Kindergarten! Kindergarten News September 27, 2019
* October Activity Calendar – The October Home Activity Calendar will be sent home on Monday. Please have your child complete the assigned activity for each day. Work does not need to be sent to school unless it is indicated on the calendar. The children can use any paper you choose. I just ask that your child’s name is on the homework and it is neat.
* Kindergarten will be participating in the Pizza Hut “Book It” Program. Each month from October to March, the children will be asked to complete a book report on a favorite book. When the book report is brought to school the student will receive a coupon for a free personal pizza at Pizza Hut. The Book Report Form is included in the Communication Folder.
* Field Trip – Kindergarten and First Grade will be visiting Maylath Farm and Orchard in Sugarloaf on Tuesday, October 15. Details about the trip are included in the Communication Folder.
* Lost and Found - I have a small blue pullover sweater with a Jumping Bean label and a button down school sweater with a French toast label. Please let me know if either of these items belongs to your child.
* The children will be bringing home a Poetry Folder on Monday. In the folder are a few poems the children have been reciting in school. I’m sure your child would be happy to read/recite the poems for you. You may keep the poems at home or return them to school in the folder. Please return the Poetry Folder to school by the end of the week.
* Included in your Communication Folder is the date and time for the Parent/Teacher Conference for your child. I tried to accommodate your preferred time. If there is a problem, please let me know.
* Next Friday, Father Hoffa will be blessing pets in the school playground. Grades Kindergarten to 3rd will participate in the blessing. If you are bringing your child’s pet, please meet us in the playground by 9:10 AM. The children will then proceed into school for Mass. Pets cannot be brought into school.
Have a great weekend! God bless you!
Curriculum "Peek at the Week"
Religion - Christ Our Life Series Chapter 3 - Celebrating the Bible - The story of Jonah Chapter 4 - The story of Creation
Reading/Language Arts - Houghton Mifflin, Journeys - Identification of and printing letters Aa - Vv - Sight words, I, the, like, and, to, is - Rhyming Stories - I Have a Pet, Please Puupy Please skills - taking care of pets, realistic fiction, identification of characters, settings and events, drawing conclusions Math - Progress in Math Number order to 30 Problem solving & following directions Replicating and creating patterns
Learning Centers - Journal writing, reinforce Math and Reading/Language Arts Skills