* Our Field trip to Foothill Farm is on Monday. Students must bring a lunch and a drink. There is no rain date for the trip.
* The children will celebrate Halloween next Tuesday, October 31.
If possible, costumes should be worn to school. (Students may dress down) We can help the children with parts of their costumes that cannot be worn, especially if your child rides the bus. Please do not allow your child to bring accessories such as weapons or swords to school. We will visit the Adult Day in the morning then have our party & parade in the parking ( weather permitting ) in the afternoon. “Party in a Bag” – I would like the children to bring in his/her own treats and drinks for the party. The children will be decorating bags that will be sent home for you to fill with treats for your child. Please do not send in candy for the class. Stickers, pencils, etc. are a better choice.
* Many thanks to the members of the Tamaqua Area Fire Department for the fantastic program presented to our children. We also thank the Tamaqua Rotary and Police Department for visiting Kindergarten for the Fingerprint Program. A special thank you to Officer Hacker for talking to the children about Halloween safety.
* The November Pizza and Pieracini Order forms are included in your child’s Communication Folder.
* Gifts for the Basket Bonanza are due on Monday. Library books are due back Tuesday.
* Lost and Found – I have a new Gym sweatshirt that was found on the floor in Kindergarten and a black girl’s sweater (small) with sequins on the front. If either of these items belong to your child, please let me know.
Have a great week! God bless you!
Specials Schedule Monday - Phys Ed Tuesday - Computer/Library Wednesday - Music Thursday - Art Friday - Mass ( wear dress uniform )
"Peek at the Week" Religion - Prayer is talking to God. We can talk to God any where. There are different types of prayers( praise, being sorry, being thankful ). We are part of a family. Math - counting to 50, patterns( color & shape ) , 2D shapes- working in daily Math journals and Math Took Kits, identifying and printing #0-10, counting using ten frames and tally marks, identifying numbers 11-20 Reading - Story - Dig, Dig, Digging - naming places and things, characters in a story and story sequence, Identify letters Aa- Zz, identify the sound for /m/ & /t/ sight words, I, am , the, to, a, little, is Journal writing Science - bats - how they help us, where they live, what they eat etc